CAPF stands for Central Armed Police force. It is a special branch of para-military force of Union of India to take on internal security challenges of the country. It operates directly under the authority of ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
Officers of CAPF are recruited directly through an entrance test conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Successful candidates join CAPF as Group A gazetted officers with a rank of Assistant Commandant in different arms of CAPF which incliude – BSF, ITBP, CRPF, CISF, Assam Rifles and SSB.
The qualifying test for CAPF – AC consists of two papers (paper 1, paper 2) followed by an interview. Details of the topics and structure of the papers is given below:
Paper 1 – General Ability and Intelligence
Paper 1 consists of 125 objective type multiple choice questions for 2 marks each. Total of 250 marks. The paper broadly covers the following areas:
- General Mental Ability – The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science – The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current events of National and International importance – The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy – The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India – The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography – The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper 2 – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Paper 2 is a subjective paper divided into two sections – Part A and Part B, with total marks of 200. The two sections include:
- Part A – Essay questions, which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English (80 Marks). The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
The candidates have to qualify in both the above papers to be eligible for an interview. Qualified candidates undergo an interview which is of 150 Marks.
TIDES Academy offers the best Coaching Classes to prepare and succeed in the CAPF (AC) Exam. Details of TIDES Academy dedicated courses for preparation of CAPF (Assistant Commandant) Exam. TIDES Academy offers FREE demo classes before you sign up for the course. Register online for FREE CAPF (AC) Exam demo classes.