NDA or National Defence Academy Exam is a combined entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India for selection of commissioned officers in the three armed services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Navy and Air Force.
Minimum qualification to attempt the NDA exam is 10+2 and the candidate should be between 16 to 19 years of age. The candidates are tested for their skills in Mathematics, General Ability and English.
Here are some tips and tricks to crack NDA Exam:
- Start preparing early; ideally one should start preparing for the exam right after passing 10th. This gives you more than enough time to prepare and have advantage over other candidates.
- Clear understanding of Exam subject, evaluation objectives and syllabus for the exam will help you prepare better. Most of the syllabus is basic and is already covered as part of your education till 10th.
- To improve English one should read newspapers, magazines and journals. This will help you keep abreast the current affairs as well as improve your English Grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Do not fail to refer to the questions from earlier exams. Old question papers will give you a clear idea of the exam structure and what to expect in the exam.
- Give as many mock tests as possible. An evaluation of mock tests will give you a fair idea of your strengths and weaknesses in different areas of subject. Mock tests will also help you attempt questions in give time.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help or join professional coaching institutes to prepare for the exam. Good coaching institutes’ help you prepare, provide evaluation as well as personal guidance to clear such exams.